Dad and I share many similarities.
- We enjoy specials on the Discovery Channel, or the History Channel. Oh, the Smithsonian channel too.
- We find an ice cold glass of milk immensely satisfying.
- We are suckers for all kinds of chocolate sweets. Well, sweets in general.
- We both like musicals, although I think he begrudgingly likes Broadway musicals.
- We’re suckers for the plight of strays and basically every single endangered animal on the list.
- We are both no-fuss, no-frills types of people.
- We are equally satisfied by staying home alone as we are going out. Well, I think he enjoys his solitary life style a bit more than I do.
- We are both better at one-on-one conversations than group discussions.
- We are awkward around relative strangers.
- And our particular brand of affection is gruff and unconventional.
Thanks for the lessons in life, Dad. And I sincerely mean this.