Things I did today:
- Self-defense training at work
- Lunch with coworkers at Brenda’s
- Walked home from the restaurant
- Grocery shopping
- Took out the trash
- Scrubbed kitchen floor
- Cleaned bathroom
- Started packing for New Orleans
- Roasted a cauliflower and some asparagus and butternut squash
- Made turkey banh mi meatballs following this recipe, subbing turkey for pork
- Downloaded State of Decay 2 on my Xbox
How I feel after accomplishing all of this: listless and empty
I should feel accomplished, but it’s 8 p.m. and I just want to cry. I never seem to do enough to keep me distracted from myself. I don’t know if that makes sense. Once you get all the way underneath, I’m a pretty gloomy person. I can barely stand spending time alone with myself. It’s difficult not to feel like depression is my natural mode. Any still moment is followed by rage, self-loathing, and finally, despondency.
I’m in the thick of it now. Hopefully I can find something to keep my mind engaged.